WTC Clinical Staff:
Dr. Sylvia G. Brown
Dr. Mona Cardell
Jennifer C. Jones
Dr. Nancy Maguire
Alicia K. Oglesby
Joy H. Puerto
Degrees & Licenses:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), PA
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Forensic Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
- The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, CAGS (July 2009)
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, MA (May 2004)
- Gettysburg College, BA (May 2002)
Theoretical orientation: Holistic and Integrative; including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, feminist, systems approach, attachment-focused, insight-oriented, and client-centered. Strong emphasis on multicultural dynamics, social justice theory, and human rights equality.
Areas of expertise: Recovery from complex trauma, with a specialized focus on intergenerational trauma; Women’s issues; Relationship issues, with a focus on attachment; Family and Child-Parent dynamics; Coping skills development; Grief and loss; Perpetrator issues, with an emphasis on cyclical factors, stages of change, and the negative impact of shame; and extensive advocacy and case management services in court and in the community for trauma survivors and their families.
Treatment modality: Individual, couples, group and family therapy
Other relevant work and volunteer experience: Therapist for the Trauma Services Department, Children’s Crisis Treatment Center; former therapist for the Child and Adolescent Program and Adult Program, Joseph J. Peters Institute; advocate for LGBTQ issues and human rights equality.