Dr. Tonita Balcom
Dr. Dana Becker
Sylvia G. Brown
Dr. Mona Cardell
L. Elaine Dutton
Dr. Sari Fleischman
Jennifer C. Jones
Dr. Nancy Maguire
Dr. Rina Maschler
Joy H. Puerto
Monique D. Walker
Degrees & Licenses:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), PA
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Forensic Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
- The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, CAGS (July 2009)
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, MA (May 2004)
- Gettysburg College, BA (May 2002)
Theoretical orientation: Holistic and Integrative; including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, feminist, systems approach, attachment-focused, insight-oriented, and client-centered. Strong emphasis on multicultural dynamics, social justice theory, and human rights equality.
Areas of expertise: Recovery from complex trauma, with a specialized focus on intergenerational trauma; Women’s issues; Relationship issues, with a focus on attachment; Family and Child-Parent dynamics; Coping skills development; Grief and loss; Perpetrator issues, with an emphasis on cyclical factors, stages of change, and the negative impact of shame; and extensive advocacy and case management services in court and in the community for trauma survivors and their families.
Treatment modality: Individual, couples, group and family therapy
Other relevant work and volunteer experience: Therapist for the Trauma Services Department, Children’s Crisis Treatment Center; former therapist for the Child and Adolescent Program and Adult Program, Joseph J. Peters Institute; advocate for LGBTQ issues and human rights equality.